Latest in: Travel Stories
Few visitors explore Peru’s mountainous north. As paths go, those that lead through the inland north remain thoroughly unbeaten.
- As I stood on the very steep staircase about halfway to the top, I looked out and gasped. I had never seen such an enchanting view in my entire life.
- Do you know the feeling of getting exactly what you want? As we drink wine under the soft green shade of grape leaves on a perfect spring day, we lack nothing. Life will not always be this pleasant, but in this moment, we are fulfilled.
- Knowing that we couldn’t be more than a short walk from the revered river, but having no idea which direction that might be, we were hopelessly lost in Varanasi's bewildering labyrinth.
- The only permanent occupants here are death and the ocean, two forces beyond human scale, each held in the other’s gaze.
- Forlorn stretches of South America occupy a space between complete mystery and utter emptiness.
- Bolivia is magical realism in its purest form: nothing appears to change yet nothing can be predicted.
- Etched forever in my memory are the trio of jagged snow-capped peaks that I’d only ever dreamed of seeing in my life.
- It's not Latin America. It's not the Third World. Socially, it's not a nation that needs to develop much. It's where I call home.
- Vast panoramas encompassing towering mountains, imposing snow covered glaciers and glittering turquoise lakes, picture postcard Swiss villages far down below on valley floors, and miles upon miles of grassy meadows as far as the eye can see.
- As a traveler, you must learn to go with the flow and find humor in the bumps along the road — Especially in The Kingdom of Cambodia.